The students participated in the “Joy of Giving” week from September 27, 2009 to October 3, 2009.
This event was organized at a national level by “ Give a Smile” foundation and Riverside School, Ahmedabad. The event was organized to make the students realize that they too can contribute and make a difference to the society they live in.
The students participated in seven different projects class-wise.
- Classes I to V celebrated the month of September as the month of “Spreading Happiness”.
- Class VA - Helping the Elderly and making them feel special.
- Class VB – Helping the Class IV employees and making them feel special.
- Class VI played the “Glad Game” and spread happiness amongst the students in the school.
- Class VII organized a class canteen in the school. The money that was generated was used to buy gifts for the children of the nearly orphanage.
- Class VIII initiated two projects on the topics – “Saving Planet Earth” and “Saving Fuel”.
- Mrs. Meenu Sehgal and Ms. Shalini Tandon co-coordinated all the projects to successful completion.