Dialogue on Climate Change
Delhi, July 23, 2021: A digital video conference under the aegis of Generation Global was organised on 23rd July 2021 through the channel ZOOM in which Apeejay School, Pitampura participated along with the participants of students from Indonesia, Pakistan, Dubai, Italy, UK. The topic of discussion was ‘Climate Change’. The VC started at 2 pm according to Indian standard time and continued till 3:30 pm. During the conference, the students from all the schools exchanged their views on the severity of the problem of Climate change.
Students discussed the following points:
- Climate change happens due to global warming. It changes all the conditions of the climate of a region
- The process of climate change happens over a long time.
- The frequent conditions of the weather of a region indicate the change of climate.
- Climate change due to global warming is happening because of human beings.
- Deforestation in a forest land causes a drastic change in temperature, which gradually becomes a permanent temperature of that place until new trees are grown there.
- Climate change is causing many problems in the environment. Forest fires are increasing due to the dryness in a forested region.
- All the species of plants and animals are becoming extinct due to the unfavourable conditions in which they live.
- Reforestation can help in changing the factors of the climate of a region to some extent.
- Climate change during pre-Corona times and post-Corona times.
- Role of government in controlling climate change.
Dialogue on Medical Ethics
“MEDICINE means Mercy - Empathy - Dare - Integrity - Care - Ingenuity - Nobility and Ethics.”― Abhijit Naskar
Delhi, July 30, 2021: Apeejay School, Pitampura participated in a Video Conference (VC) on 30 July 2021. Besides Apeejay School, Pitampura, William Henry Smith Memorial School Varanasi (India) also participated in this Video Conference. During the VC, our students were able to move their dialogue from the beginning to the end. Mr. Lorenzo Rafio was the facilitator of the event. Students were interested in each other's opinions, and they discussed medical ethics in detail. In this conference, the students entered into dialogue around some of the philosophical, religious, cultural, and value-based ideas around medical ethics. Students also explored some of the more contentious issues regarding medical technology such as euthanasia, stem cell research & treatments, and the testing of procedures & treatments on animals.
Trans Disciplinary Lesson Planning
Delhi, July 5, 2021: The Primary teachers attended a workshop on ‘Taking Lesson Planning to New Dimensions: Trans-Disciplinary Lesson Planning’ on 5th July 2021. The session began with prayer. Ms. Purnima Vohra, Education Officer, Apeejay Education, gave a brief introduction about the session.
Ms. Smriti Samuel, Primary In-charge, Apeejay School, Noida gave the presentation on Trans-disciplinary Lesson Planning. She was helped by Ms. Rashi Rawal, PRT, Apeejay School, Noida. They explained how a particular topic is carried out in all the subjects. A demonstration of the same was done with the help of the Class IV lesson plan.
Ms. Purnima Vohra gave the concluding remarks for the session. Ms. Praveen Kumari, Primary In-charge, Apeejay School, Pitampura, proposed the Vote of Thanks.