New Delhi, Oct. 26, 2018: About 40 students from classes XI B and XII B visited the National Institute of Plant Genome Research which had organised an Open Day for school students.
Students visited a number of exhibits and had a chance to interact with research scholars. They had wonderful demonstrations and discussions along with doubt clearing sessions.
Some topics included:
- Development of rice varieties that can grow under low phosphate conditions.
- Understanding the mechanism of submergence tolerance and seed viability in Rice.
- Development of Transgenic Crops
- Identification for a Broad Spectrum Anti-Fungal Protein
- Nutritional Genomics
- Computational Biology
- Genome Analysis and Molecular Mapping
- Molecular Mechanism of Abiotic Stress
- DNA Extraction
- Smart Insects Smarter Plants
- Plant Tissue Culture
- Photosynthesis Rate Enhancement
- Various Types of Microscopes
- Mechanism of Leaf dropping in Touch me not Plant