Education at Apeejay is an integrated process with a flexible curriculum that takes into account the heterogeneity of the learner and learning styles. Emphasis is laid on acquiring linguistic & logical ability and nurturing multiple intelligences by adopting innovative methods to stimulate interest and attention among the students. This opens up pathways to holistic and harmonious development of the young learners.
- The Pre-Primary Wing of Apeejay School, Pitampura, has Nursery and Kindergarten classes.
- ‘The innovative curriculum for the Pre-Primary’ published by the Council for Educational and Professional Services (CEPS) is in use to reinforce values, concepts, ideas, skills, and activities.
- We follow the schedule and programmes with a fair amount of flexibility. Changes are made from time to time as demanded by the environment and the emerging situations in the classroom.
- The students are graded regularly based on participation and performance in class activities.
- Areas of growth and development: Physical, Language, Personal, Emotional, Social, Intellectual/ Cognitive, Aesthetic Development, etc.
The following subjects are taught:
Alphabets (A–Z) are introduced for the sake of recognition of letters and correct pronunciation (phonetically).
In Class KG, the children are introduced to two and three-letter words, their pronunciation, and written representation.
Develops a child’s ability to recognise and write basic numbers (1 – 9).
In KG numbers are added (1 – 100). The concept of big/small, more/less, etc. with a clear perspective of shapes is taken up.
Awareness about environment and child’s perspective towards Self, School, Family, Cleanliness, Manners, Birds, Animals, Water, Our Helpers, Seasons, etc.
From Class KG onwards: Begins with recognition of letters, pronunciation, and use in the form of simple words and sentences.
Art & Craft
Covers a creative and wonderful world of colors.
|4.||Art & Craft|
|5.||Art & Craft|
TEACHING – LEARNING STRATEGIES
- Activity-Based: Child-friendly activities
- Creative Art & Craft activities
- Puppets: Use of puppetry to conduct classes
- Songs & rhymes
- Outdoor activities: Games, swings and ball pool
- Stage activities: Dancing, Enacting, Rhymes, Skits
We equip students with the following skills and design our activities to promote them:
- Classification skills
- Conversational skills
- Drawing conclusion
- Identifying patterns
- Motor skills
- Social behaviour
- Observation and recognition skills
- Observing and relating skills
- Ordering and sequencing
- Sorting and classifying
- Thinking skills
- Understanding concepts
- Vocabulary enhancement
Education is knowledge imbued with wisdom and ethics which mould the behaviour and personality of the students. The focus on value education remains strong in Apeejay. The students imbibe the essential qualities of honesty, fair play, empathy, courage, integrity, compassion, loyalty, and courtesy through morning assemblies, the celebration of festivals, and day-to-day interaction with the teachers. The effort is to guide the students towards appropriate behaviour and the development of a strong character. The major strategies are as under:
- The importance of values is kept in mind while preparing and designing lessons.
- The day begins with morning assembly – where prayers, rhymes, exercises, and celebration of special days are conducted.
- Moving on to the daily snack time where cleanliness, hygiene, and manners are focused.
- The Storytime at the end of the day has a moral for each story that is told.
EVALUATION AND ASSESSMENT
- On the basis of individual growth and development of the child.
- No homework, no exams. Only remarks are given.
This covers the psychological, physical and emotional growth of each child.