In the session 2019-20 AVAS conducted Abacus classes for classes III to V. It has helped in improving concentration level along with brain development and faster calculations. It consists of two levels. The first level of Abacus was successfully completed in November 2019. Students were rewarded for their outstanding performance with medals and certificates. The National Level Championship Exam was conducted on 20th November 2019. Its result was announced on 14th December 2019, comprising toppers from all batches (from classes III to V).
Avishkaar Makeathon was a National Science Prototype Invention Competition in which 128 teams from 118 schools (from 20 states of India) participated. Apeejay School, Panchsheel Park, was also one of the participants there from the New Delhi region. The competition consisted of 3 stages – ideate stage in which 650+ teams participated, prototype stage for which 300+ teams were qualified and showcase stage which was held on 14th and 15th December 2019 in Thyagaraj Stadium for which 101 teams qualified. Team Devtech from Apeejay School, Panchsheel Park, also qualified for the showcase stage and competed with other 100 teams. The Competition started with a grand opening ceremony including flag march and cultural programmes and on 2nd day, the programme after felicitation ceremony ended with a closing ceremony with a great Avishkaar light and sound show. The judges and guests of honour were from all over the world. Mr Tarun Bhalla was the organiser of the programme.
It was indeed a great learning experience for all.
TED TALK/LITERARY CLUB
The Ted Talk Club of Apeejay School, Panchsheel Park is a journey into the realm of Literary Art that shapes the inner self, nurtures the creative thirst and sculpts the raw potential of the young minds.
Till date, the Club has held 22 classes which were both instructional and enjoyable. It was conducted under the supervision of Mrs Manjusha Das. With great zeal and enthusiasm, the members of the Club worked on their thoughts and expressed them on paper which they later communicated in front of the class.
- To develop listening ,writing and communication skills
- To learn to be a part of a group
- Impromptu speech
- Arguments and counter arguments
- To prepare students on accent, tone, body language, eye contact, pronunciation, etc.
- Build confidence to be at is not only professionally but also socially
- To increase daily awareness and helps to boost habits like reading and independent research
- Know yourself
- Just a Minute
- Elocution (2 to 3 mins)
- Declamation (important speeches of renowned personalities)
- Ad Enactment
- Role Play
- Poet's Galore
Apeejay School, Panchsheel Park, has an Eco Club which comprises 25 students and 2 teachers. Different activities were conducted throughout the year with emphasis on saving the environment. On the first day, students were given detailed information about various types of plants and were taught how to do plantation. Children planted the pots and added to the beauty of the environment. Counting of potted plants was done with the children on the next day. To make the children realise the importance of the plants, pictures cards of various medicinal plants were shown to them. They visited Jahapanaha forest for the ‘Save Environment Campaign’. Plants were gifted to children from the Horticulture Department. Children also did plantation at home and nurtured them. To spread awareness, slogan writing and poster making was done. Wall hangings were prepared from natural colours and waste material. Children were shown different kinds of plants that are there in the School like flowering plants, herbs, shrubs, trees and medicinal plants. To make the environment clean, a ‘cleanliness drive’ was also organised in the School.
COMPUTER CLUB (FORCE)
The Club’s goal is for students to come together with a common interest in technology, to share and learn from one another. Computer Club (Force Club) has been actively working in the field of knowledge exchange and upgrade. This year also the members of the Club, with the support of teachers, successfully hosted the annual Inter-School Symposium ‘Force Fest’ in which more than 50 schools of Delhi NCR participated. Computer Club students get support and innovative ideas to perform various activities like Video Editing, Gaming, Photoshop, Music and Web Designing in the Computer Club. Students are divided in groups for various activities like programming, web designing, audio/video editing, digital imaging, quiz, Flash and E-newsletter. They learn the respective software during the Club periods and do many activities. Web designing team students learnt HTML and make webpage on the importance of gaming, types of games and supermarket. Students also learn the html coding in sublime text. The Design team also learn Photoshop and created school logo, learnt to rotate the image.
The Audio/ Video team learn to edit music files and edited audio clips. They also learn to edit video using premiere pro software.
Programming team learnt the programming skills in Java and Python.
The Club members had prepared many videos in the School for events like:
- Teacher’s Day.
- Class XII Farewell Day.
- Annual Day Teasers and credits to be shown at the end of the programme.
- Live Streaming of Annual Day programme on the Force Club YouTube channel.
- Teasers video for the Carnival (Minerva).
The members of the Club had also put up five gaming stalls. They have been actively taking part in Inter-School Competitions and have won many prizes. The Club members have been supporting the School in various IT related activities during the year.
INSTRUMENTAL MUSIC CLUB
- No. of Students - 19
- No. of Sessions - 07
- Classes – VI, VII, VIII & IX
Sessions' Topics –
Guitar Basics, Notation (Tablature) Reading, Musical Notes Recognition, Reading Chord Progression, Getting Aware Of Melody, Harmony, and Rhythm.
The Instrumental Club comprises 19 students from classes VI to IX. The Club activities are held on every Friday of the week in the assigned club period. Students learn the basics of music and musical knowledge by using instruments such as guitar. Students also go through the group performance just to check their own knowledge about music which they have learned in their regular club periods.
INSTRUMENTAL & VOCAL MUSIC CLUB
- No of students - 37
- No of sessions - 10
- Classes – VI, VII, VIII & IX
- Sessions topic - (ragas)
Classical vocal, light vocal and semi classical vocal
Indian instrumental: Tabla, Harmonium, Pakhawaj (Taals)
The Indian and Indian Instrumental Club comprise 37 students from classes VI to IX. The Club is held on every Friday of the week in the assigned club period.
In this club period, students learn basic knowledge of Indian ragas and use instruments such as Tabla, Pakhawaj and Harmonium.
Students go through the group performance just to check their own knowledge about music which they have learned in their regular club periods.
- 26 NCC cadets enrolled for the session 2019-20
- Guard of Honour presented to School Principal, Mrs Ritu Mehta, on the occasion of Independence Day
- 16 NCC cadets (boys) passed the A Certificate Exam after a successful ncc training of 2 years
- Guard of Honour presented to Mr Pandit Vijayshankar Mishra and Mrs Nalini on the occasion of Annual Day
- 13 ncc cadets’ boys attended combined annual training camp at NCC Headquarters at Safdarjung Enclave for 10 days in the month of May 2019. They were given training for self-defense, shooting, road safety, drill and many other leadership training activities. Apeejay School, Pitampura, secured the Best school trophy.
- In a remarkable achievement, Sgt. Shairaz Singh received a Gold medal for his leadership skills at Combined Annual Training Camp, he was adjudged the best firer and got the first position in Shooting
- Guard of honour presented on the occasion of IOG Award Ceremony at Le-Meridian Hotel, on 13th Jan 2020
NCC GIRLS REPORT 2019
- 20 girl cadets of Apeejay School, Panchsheel Park, took out a rally to spread awareness about saving our Earth on Earth Day, on 22nd April 2019.
- NCC EXPA workshop was attended by ANO Third Officer Ira Chaudhary from Apeejay School, Panchsheel Park, at DGNCC Parade Ground on 1st & 2nd May 2019 to enhance English communication and public speaking abilities of the cadets to get more paying jobs.
- 30 girl cadets from Apeejay School, Panchsheel Park, took part in the International Day of Yoga at the NCC Group Headquarters on 21st June 2019.
- 20 girls of second year from Apeejay School, Panchsheel Park, attended the CATC from 24th June to 3rd July 2019 and got two Silver medals in various activities.
- Third Officer, Ira Chaudhary, completed her Refresher Course and stood 2nd in order of merit (JW) and awarded Certificate of Excellence in Camp Planning and promotion to the rank of Second Officer.
- Second Officer, Ira Chaudhary from Apeejay School, Panchsheel Park, attended the ADG Conference at Parade Ground, on 6th August 2019 to discuss various NCC activities and problems faced by cadets & ANOs at both Institutional and Unit level.
- 65 girl cadets of Apeejay School, Panchsheel Park, planted 200 trees in the School campus under the Tree Plantation Drive, on 9th August 2019.
- To celebrate Swachhta Pakhwada, 30 girl cadets of Apeejay School, Panchsheel Park, took out a rally to spread awareness about the cleanliness of our surroundings, on 2nd December 2019.
The French Club is organised by the French Department in which classes VI to IX participate every Friday for one hour. The French Club is very useful for the students and it helps in improving their understanding of French culture and language, wherein various academic & extracurricular activities are organised. All the students take keen interest in the Club.