Curricula and Pedagogy in consonance with NEP 2020
The hallmark of education at Apeejay is to provide value-based holistic education of global standards. The School in consonance with the NEP 2020, believes that the aim of education should not only be cognitive development, but also building character and creating balanced and well-rounded individuals equipped with the key 21st century skills. All curricula and pedagogy is designed to further this relentless endeavour.
Foundational Stage at Apeejay Education consists of flexible, multifaceted, multilevel, play-based, activity-based, and discovery-based learning, in alignment with NEP 2020.
Preparatory Years covers Classes III, IV & V, prescribes a more formal yet interactive classroom teaching in the preparatory years with play, discovery, and activity-based pedagogy. It lays down strong academic foundations at this level through teaching of languages, science, mathematics and holistic development via inclusion of art and physical education.
The Middle School comprises three years of education (Classes VI-VIII), with the introduction of subject teachers for multidisciplinary and experiential learning with, Arts-integrated, Sports-integrated education and storytelling-based pedagogy. Interdisciplinary reach is practiced.
The Secondary School comprises four years (Classes IX-XII), encourages multidisciplinary study, building on greater critical thinking. Project-based learning is encouraged for adding an experiential flavour to academics and Portfolios are maintained to assess their growth. Reflection and maintaining journals are a part of the academic rigour.
- Provides a happy, caring, and stimulating environment that instills the joy for learning in our students. The curriculum facilitates the supreme art to inspire hope, ignite the imagination, creativity and enhance knowledge among students.
Classes I to III
- A thematic curriculum is followed in these classes through integrated teaching.
- Subjects taught in these classes are English, Hindi, Mathematics, Environmental Studies, Computer Science, General Knowledge, Arts & Craft, Music, Dance, Yoga, and Physical Education.
Classes IV & V
- The curriculum published by Council for Educational and Professional Services (CEPS) is followed in these classes.
- Subjects taught in these classes are English, Hindi, Mathematics, General Science, Social Studies, Computer Science, General Knowledge, Arts & Craft, Music, Dance, Yoga, and Physical Education
- There are two terms in one academic session: In each term, Monthly Assessments are conducted for the students to comprehend their learning and understanding of various subjects.
- The students are graded regularly on the basis of their participation and performance in class activities.
- The report card is sent twice a year, in October and March.
The focus on value education still remains strong at Apeejay Education. At all levels of learning, Value Education is imparted with the belief that Education is knowledge imbued with wisdom and ethics, which moulds the behaviour and personality of the students. The students imbibe the essential qualities of honesty, fair play, empathy, courage, integrity, compassion, loyalty and courtesy through morning assemblies, celebration of festivals and day- to- day interaction with the teachers. The effort is to guide the students towards appropriate behaviour and development of a strong character.