Middle & Senior Curriculum
Curricula and Pedagogy in consonance with NEP 2020
The hallmark of education at Apeejay is to provide value-based holistic education of global standards. The School in consonance with the NEP 2020, believes that the aim of education should not only be cognitive development, but also building character and creating balanced and well-rounded individuals equipped with the key 21st century skills. All curricula and pedagogy is designed to further this relentless endeavour.
Foundational Stage at Apeejay Education consists of flexible, multifaceted, multilevel, play-based, activity-based, and discovery-based learning, in alignment with NEP 2020.
Preparatory Years covers Classes III, IV & V, prescribes a more formal yet interactive classroom teaching in the preparatory years with play, discovery, and activity-based pedagogy. It lays down strong academic foundations at this level through teaching of languages, science, mathematics and holistic development via inclusion of art and physical education.
The Middle School comprises three years of education (Classes VI-VIII), with the introduction of subject teachers for multidisciplinary and experiential learning with, Arts-integrated, Sports-integrated education and storytelling-based pedagogy. Interdisciplinary reach is practiced.
The Secondary School comprises four years (Classes IX-XII), encourages multidisciplinary study, building on greater critical thinking. Project-based learning is encouraged for adding an experiential flavour to academics and Portfolios are maintained to assess their growth. Reflection and maintaining journals are a part of the academic rigour.
Classes VI – VIII
At this stage, the focus is placed on interdisciplinary connect across subjects and concept building. Art Education is emphasised in each subject.
The main subjects taught are English, Mathematics, Hindi, German, French, Sanskrit, General Science, Social Studies, General Knowledge, Computer Science, Art, Yoga, Music, Dance, Vocal and Instrumental music and Physical Education.
Classes IX –X
The curriculum in this stage is designed to encourage higher-order thinking, reasoning, analytical and logical applications. Students are prepared for the CBSE Board Examinations. The social, emotional, cognitive and physical needs of students are addressed in this crucial period of transition from childhood to adulthood.
The subjects taught are English, Hindi, Sanskrit, French, German, Mathematics, Science, Social Science, and Computer Science.
- The subjects taught are English, Hindi, Sanskrit, Mathematics, General Science, Social Studies, Environmental Studies, General Knowledge and Introductory Information Technology
- There are two terms in one academic session:
- Term1 –Two formative assessments (FA1 & FA2) followed by First Summative Assessment ( SA1).
- Term2 - Two formative assessments (FA3 + FA4) followed by Second Summative Assessment (SA2).
Classes XI –XII
In this stage, learning takes the course of interactive methodology whereby the students are encouraged to actively participate in classroom discussions, critical thinking and research-based learning forms the core of the learning process. The classroom teaching is complemented by regular practical experiments and assignments given at the end of crucial concepts and chapters which go beyond the text.
As per the CBSE scheme of studies, each student is required to opt for one compulsory language at the core level along with four electives. The School offers these subjects under three streams: Science, Commerce and Humanities.
The details are as follows:
|English Core||English Core||English Core|
|Chemistry||Business Studies||Political Science|
|Physical Education||Informatics Practices||Economics|
Compulsory Subjects are as follows:
- General Science
- Work Experience
- Physical and Health Education
Classes VI- VIII
- Term1 –Unit Test 1 followed by First Term examination.
- Term2 – Unit Test 2 followed by Common Apeejay Annual Examination.
There are two terms in one academic session:
The School being affiliated to CBSE, assimilates all changes introduced by the Board and strictly follows the schedule and books prescribed it.
Classes IX – X
- Formal Examinations are complemented and supplemented with Internal Assessment (IA) that assesses students in a diverse manner, at different times and also examines a broad range of curriculum objectives. Internal Assessment for classes IX and X includes Periodic Assessment, Multiple Assessments, Portfolio and Subject Enrichment Activities. These are gauged through 3 Periodic Assessments, a Half Yearly Examination and a Common Apeejay Annual Examination for Class IX.
- As per latest CBSE guidelines, only one board exam will be held for Class X at the end of the academic sessions. Thus, additionally 2 Pre Board Examinations and an Annual Board Examination are conducted by the CBSE in case of Class X.
- In Class XI, 3 Periodic Assessments, a Half Yearly Examination and a Common Apeejay Annual Examination is conducted. These are supplemented by Internal assessments and Practical Exams as per CBSE directives.
- As per latest CBSE guidelines only one board exam will be held for class XII, at the end of the academic session. Additionally 2 Pre Board Examinations and an Annual Board Examination are conducted by the CBSE in case of Class XII. Internal Assessments and Practical Exams are conducted as per CBSE schedule. The latter are conducted in the presence of an external examiner.
Value Based Education
The focus on value education still remains strong at Apeejay Education. At all levels of learning, Value Education is imparted with the belief that Education is knowledge imbued with wisdom and ethics, which moulds the behaviour and personality of the students. The students imbibe the essential qualities of honesty, fair play, empathy, courage, integrity, compassion, loyalty and courtesy through morning assemblies, celebration of festivals and day- to- day interaction with the teachers. The effort is to guide the students towards appropriate behaviour and development of a strong character.