Greetings from Apeejay School, NOIDA!
As we look forward to the long awaited summer vacation, it is the time of the year when lot of plans are made and there is excitement in the air. In our busy schedules, this period looks like a time for bonhomie- trips are planned, a long overdue stay at grand parents' place is worked out, extended families meet, etc.
Some things that your wards can indulge in, apart from the ones that you have already chalked out, are: seeing the Sun in all its glory at sunrise, refreshing morning walks, playing in the open with friends which may mean sweating out a bit, cultivating a long cherished hobby, going on cycling expedition with you, watching the IPL matches together or anything else that was in suspended animation due to your ward's preoccupation with School.
We advise that you take your ward to an old age home, make him/her plant saplings in the neighbourhood & nurture the young plants, bond with the helpers' children, engage in teaching them or simply help you in doing household chores. Every activity will be learning for them – learning beyond the class room. For learning what the School teaches, we attach the Holiday Home work along with this mail to revise the concepts already taught and prepare for the ones that are to be undertaken once the School reopens.
Let the students do the vacation home work as a pleasure and not a burden. Your guidance will be of immense help. Chart their routine and let them work on a regular basis, instead of being in a rush to complete it in the last few days before the vacation ends.
The School also takes this opportunity to look back at the progress of students, assess their achievements and plan ahead. We would like to share some laurels that the School received ever since it reopened for the new academic session in April 2018:
- APEEJAY SCHOOL, NOIDA is a proud recipient of the INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL AWARD accredited by the BRITISH COUNCIL, yet again. This Award is an appreciation for internationalism woven in the School curriculum and activities undertaken in School and provides an insight into the international projects taken throughout the year that highlight universal brotherhood, collaboration, research and teamwork among the students of the School. Students collaborated with schools from Hong Kong, the USA, Nepal and the UK to exchange ideas and also to acquaint themselves with the culture of those countries. It showcases the talents of young students, their curiosity to know different cultures & people and engages them in understanding global issues. With exposure to such activities, the School ensures appreciation of pluralism and attempts to make its students global citizens. In continuation with the spirit of internationalism, the School has recently firmed up an exchange programme with a school in Colombo, Sri Lanka wherein 10 students and 2 teachers will visit Sri Lanka and their counterparts will pay a visit to us.
- Avni Sethi of Class VIII F participated in the Under-13 category of Shahadra - Delhi Dist. Open Badminton Championship 2018, held at S.N. Badminton Academy from May 08 to May 10, 2018 and attained the second position.
- Young Achiever, Anukriti Sharma of Class VI G participated in the Ghaziabad District Level Chess Championship 2018, Under-11 age category, held from April 28 - 29, 2018 and secured the first position. She also participated in 10th Open Chess Championship held from May 5 - 6, 2018 and bagged the First position.
- The Khaitan School, NOIDA organised its Annual Computer Symposium, Unplugged 8.0, on May 4, 2018. The students of Apeejay School, NOIDA participated in myriad events like Quiz, Symposium, Virtual Canvas, Game on, Cipher, Turtle War, Picasso, Web Weaving, Robotics (Line Follower) and Robotics (Manual).
The students of Apeejay School, NOIDA bagged prizes in the following events:
|Event name||Student Name||Prize|
|Quiz||Varun Mittal (X), Amaiya Singhal (X)||First|
|Web Weaving||Shri Hari Unnikrishnan (X), Ahmed Faraz (IX)||Second|
|Robotics (Manual)||Shabd Sahni (VIII), Manan Jindal (VIII)||Second|
|Turtle Wars||Kartikeya Agarwal (V), Kartikey Arora (V)||Second|
Apeejay School, NOIDA was awarded the Runner’s upttrophy.
- Manasvi Tyagi (II A) made a world record in classical dance. She completed 1000 rounds in 17 minutes.
- Vihaan Dang (IV E) was shortlisted as ‘The Face of the Month’ for the cover page of the book ‘From Data to Direction’ published by MacMillan.
- Aanya Jethi of (VII D) stood first at the Fox Junior Golf Tournament held at NOIDA Golf Course on April 22, 2018. Over 50 golfers from NCR participated in the event.
- Ritika Bhaumik of (VIII) won the Gold Medal in the Delhi State Sub Junior Karate Competition held at Talkatora Stadium. She won gold in Kata and will appear at the National level competition.
- 'Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Award' in the Under 18 Category.
- Yujur Jaiswal of Apeejay School, NOIDA has been awarded with the prestigious 'Dadasaheb Phalke International Film Festival Award' in the under 18 category for his directorial venture ‘Lost in Whale’ (short film). The award was received by him on 20 April 2018 in Mumbai by Meet Brothers, Ex-Miss India Sahila Chadha and Mr. Anil Mishra Jury member Central Board of Film Certification.
- Mallika Mandal (X A) and Shruti Heda (IX G) participated in Limerick Slam Competition at Apeejay School, Saket and bagged the first prize. The winners were awarded a trophy each with a certificate.
- The CODE team of Apeejay School, NOIDA lifted the overall Winner’s Trophy at Somerville School, NOIDA’s Computer Symposium ‘INCOGNITO’ held on April 26 and 27, 2018.
The following students won prizes in individual events:
DJ MIXING – First prize won by Raghav Attrey
GAMING – Second prize won by Ayan Farooqui and Abhay Taneja
LOGO – Second prize won by Kartikey Arora and Kartikeya Agarwal
ROBOWARS – Second prize won by Sayek Deb and Shabd Sahni
TUX PAINT – Second prize won by Tisya Gupta and Shreya Aggarwal
- The Asia Pacific Mathematical Olympiad for Primary Schools (APMOPS), organised by Hwa Chong Institution, Singapore is a prestigious annual event. This global competition is meant to promote the love for Mathematics in students. Six students of Apeejay School, NOIDA participated in the first round of the competition held on Saturday, 14th April, 2018 at Apeejay School, Pitampura. Bhavya Tiwari of Class VII and Vani Gupta of Class VIII won the Gold award, while Parth Gupta and Aditya Agarwal of Class VII won the Silver award.
With all these achievements in the beginning of the academic session, we shall work towards the betterment of our students with renewed zeal.
The Summer vacation for your ward starts from 16 May 2018 and the school will reopen on 4 July 2018.
The School wishes this period to be a time for relaxation, enjoyment and camaraderie.
Wishing you and your ward a very fruitful vacation ahead!