At the Plus 2 level, the School offers two streams, viz. Science and Commerce
The subjects of study offered are:
- Science Stream
1. English 2. Mathematics 3. Physics 4. Chemistry 5. Biology 6. Computer Science 7. Economics 8. Informatics Practices
- Commerce Stream
1. English 2. Informatics Practices 3. Economics 4. Business Studies 5. Accountancy 6. Applied Mathematics
These classes have a 6 hours (8 periods) time-table - five days a week.
In the rapidly changing world, to strike a balance between the cocooned world of ‘home’ & ‘school’ and the competitive world outside, imbibing values and virtues in young children becomes paramount. To meet these growing demands and to strengthen the value system, the school has included ‘Education in Human Values’ in the school curriculum. Besides Human and Social values, Patriotism & Internationalism are also inculcated amongst the students through ‘Words of Wisdom’ through various scholastic & co-scholastic activities including morning assembly.
Dr. Stya Paul Award for Human Values is given every year to three students, who exhibit a deep sense of human values and a high level of integrity in his/her behavior and conduct.
- Besides developing all the four skills – Listening, Speaking, Reading, and Writing, specialised methodologies are used to train the children to be able to analyse, interpret and evaluate.
- Project Works, Group Discussions and varied other activities relevant to Science and other subjects are planned to provide social understanding, a spirit of enquiry, and scientific acumen.
- To nurture multiple intelligences such as kinaesthetic, musical, visual, inter-personal, and intra-personal, we provide ample opportunities for self-expression in the form of music, dance, and Fine Arts.
To suit the changing needs of the present generation, the latest and innovative techniques of teaching are employed. The teacher acts as a ‘knowledge facilitator’ and not as the ‘knowledge provider’. Therefore, the teaching methodology is ‘learner-centered’ nurturing the promotion of Academic Excellence and Multiple-Intelligence.
The education imparted in the Sr. Secondary Sections integrates Information Technology, nurtures creative and independent thinking and emphasises on formula. Great emphasis is laid on the development of communication skills and the overall development of a child’s personality.
To identify and motivate talented students, the Apeejay Talent Search Examination is conducted every year and deserving students are awarded financial scholarships.
Remedial teaching is organised to help the low achievers and to give extra help and aid to the gifted ones. Students are guided to excel in various talent search examinations. It goes hand in hand with the counselling of the learner.
Evaluation and Assessment System
The progress of each child in all three domains (Cognitive, Affective, and Psychomotor) is evaluated continuously.
The School conducts Internal Assessment, Practical & Examinations as per CBSE norms. NCERT curriculum is followed in classes XI-XII.