Apeejay School, Model Town, is situated right in the heart of Jalandhar city in an up-market locale. The magnificent school building towers over the surrounding area.
The School library is a vast reservoir of books which aims at the growth of the students and develops self-esteem. To imbibe reading habits in students and staff members, the school library offers the following:
- A wide range of latest fiction, poetry, prose, philosophical books, magazines, comics, newspapers, textbooks, audio and video cassettes, CDs, DVDs, and other visual aids await avid learners and readers.
- There are approximately 8,000 books in the library.
- Separate seating arrangement for primary and senior students.
- Computerised issue and return of books to students and staff members.
- Regular book reviews presented by students and staff members.
- Book Week is organised every year in which various inter-school and in-house competitions are held.
The School auditorium is a place to showcase the talents of our budding actors, poets, singers, and dancers. The creative streak of every child is identified and nurtured here. It accommodates about 1000 students and is equipped with the latest technologies in light and sound systems.
- Three computer labs have the latest Pentium ¬based multimedia machines for providing hands-on experience to students from classes I to VII.
- There are over 150 computers to help students to learn computers.
- Computer-Aided Learning (CAL) packages are specially designed to make learning more interesting and this leaves an indelible impression on the students’ minds.
- Two LCD projectors to make teaching and learning an interesting, enjoyable, and effective process.
- Advanced CAL packages are loaded in all machines from classes V-X to facilitate computer-aided learning.
- The Internet facility enables the students to draw the latest information from Computer networks all over the world.
- Training programmes are organised for teachers to make them computer friendly.
A Language Laboratory is a dedicated space for foreign language learning where students access audio or audio-visual materials. They allow a teacher to listen to and manage student audio, which is delivered to individual students through headsets or in isolated 'sound booths.
Students learn and explore mathematical concepts through a variety of activities using different materials. These activities help the students to explore, learn, and develop an interest in mathematics. It also enables the teacher to demonstrate, explain and reinforce mathematical ideas by using objects, models, charts, graphs, etc. Our Mathematics Laboratory is equipped with:
- Abacus, A model of Sextant, Time Set, Graph Rolls, Geometry Box
- Three-dimensional Geometric Figures
There are many models made by the students which include:
- Geoboards, Tangram, Angle Sum Property of a Triangle, Pythagoras Theorem
- Angle Sum Property of a Quadrilateral, Algebraic Identities
- Patterns of Curves, Some Properties of Circle
Mathematics Laboratory can be used as an effective tool to create fascination and love for Mathematics among the students.
- Physics Lab is equipped with all the instruments and gadgets which help the students learn the concepts of Physics in a simplified manner and thus making the subject more interesting to learn.
- The laboratory is spacious and well ventilated.
- The lab is well stocked with sufficient apparatus for 40 students to work together at a time.
- It is well equipped with sophisticated instruments like reflecting type telescope, spectrometer, sextant, bar pendulum, etc.
- Sufficient material to be used as teaching aids like charts, models, etc.
Home Science Lab
- The Home Science lab in Apeejay School is well equipped, well lighted, and well ventilated.
- The lab has all necessary kitchen commodities such as a refrigerator, microwave, OTG, and juicer mixer grinder.
- A well-equipped lab has been set up so that the students can have a practical experience of meal planning and home management under the supervision of teachers.
- The lab has a sufficient amount of Crockery and Cutlery items to meet the requirements of the school.
- The lab has an ample amount of workspace to accommodate a large number of students at a time.
- Apeejay School, Model Town Sports Complex has facilities for cricket, football, and Basketball with dedicated grounds, along with basketball, lawn tennis, table tennis, and badminton courts.
- The School has stupendous facilities for several indoor and outdoor games like Basketball, Badminton, Cricket, Football, Throwball, etc.
- Special coaching in various Martial Arts, i.e. Tae-Kwon-Do, karate, and Judo is provided under the expert guidance of an experienced coach.
- Regular meets are organised to display excellence in different sporting events.
The School aims at the all-round development of the students. Proportionate emphasis is laid on physical growth along with academic progress, emotional maturity, and social well-being.