Jalandhar & UK, 2015-16: Apeejay School, Rama Mandi has global partnerships with schools of UK, Ghana and Korea. The main focus of these partnerships is working together academically on various projects and learning about each other’s culture. The schools which are actively involved with Apeejay School include the following:
- Epping Primary School, Essex, UK
- Home Farm School, Colchester, UK
- Immaculate Conception School, Accra, Ghana
- Hanbatt Girls’ School, South Korea
A sum of Rs. 1, 50, 000/- for the Connecting Classroom Partnership was also granted by the British Council to Apeejay School.
The ultimate purpose of this funded project is to be equipped to tackle global themes in the classroom with connecting Classrooms Professional Development and to draw on the experience and knowledge of education practitioners & experts from around the world.
The School also solemnized the reciprocal visit with Home Farm Primary School, Colchester, U.K.:
- Ms. Teresa Cooper, a primary school teacher, visited Apeejay School under the project ‘Knowing each other’s Culture’. During her ten-day stay, Ms. Cooper closely worked with teachers and interacted with the students to understand the Indian Education system & Indian culture.
Taking the partnership ahead, the School Principal, Mrs. Madhu Sharma along with Mrs. Rajvir Kaur, a primary teacher from Apeejay School visited the school in England. The visit proved very fruitful and a lot of information was gathered on the educational practices being followed in England. The concepts that were found common in both the schools were thematic curriculum in primary classes and inter-disciplinary curriculum.