The curriculum of the Pre-Primary has been designed in a way
- that the teacher-student interaction is more
- students are active participants, they learn by exploring, experimenting and experiencing.
The students of classes I-III are taught English, Hindi, Mathematics and E.V.S.(Environmental Studies) and the students of classes IV-V are taught Social Science in place of E.V.S. Computer Literacy Programmes has been adapted for all the Primary classes.
The students of classes VI-IX learn atleast one extra language in addition to Hindi and English, viz., Sanskrit or French.
The following are the subjects of study in this School for Classes IX and X:1. Two Languages (English and Hindi)
3. (a) Physics b) Chemistry c) Life Science
4. (a) History b) Geography c) Civics d) Economics
5. Work Experience(Fine Arts, Electronics, Music, Dance, Computer Science, Home Science)
6. Health and Physical Education.
It is expected that all students would have studied three languages upto class VIII. This is according to the three language formula of the Govt. of India. However, those students who cannot clear the third language in Class VIII and are promoted to class IX shall be examined by the School at the end of class IX in the same syllabus and text books as are prescribed for class VIII. A student must qualify in the third language before becoming eligible for appearing at the Secondary School Examination of the Board at the end of class X.
The Subjects of study offered for classes XI and XII are :
1. English 2.Physics 3. Biology
4. Chemistry 5. Mathematics 6. Business Studies
7. Accounts 8. Economics 9. Political Science
10. Computer Science 11. Physical Education 12. History
13. Multimedia and Web Technology 14. Home Science
Pre-Primary: The Primary Wing has a 6 hour schedule for 5-days.
Primary, Middle and Senior: The time-table is a 6 hours, 8-period time-table.
The emphasis is on exposing the children to the facts through various learner-centered individual and group activities. The teacher is an organizer, a guide, and a facilitator.
A child is potentially divine: "The school atmosphere, the personality and behaviour of the teachers, the facilities provided in the school, have a large say in developing a sense of values in him/her."
Our action plan is based on the belief that value development is a psychological-cum-sociological process where children at various stages are guided by imitation, suggestions and identification. The promotion of the programmes in human values in the school has implications for curriculum framing and application of innovative ideas. Conscientious efforts are made to encourage the consciousness of values which permeate the whole school curriculum & our programme of study.
We, in Apeejay School at Faridabad, inculcate in our students a strong value system. We nurture them like saplings, imbibe in them our cultural heritage and instill universal values. Our strategies for inculcation of values in our children are
- Morning Assemblies, which include
2. Thought for the day
3. Silent sitting
5. Story telling
6. Group Singing
- Setting teaching learning objectives that are value based.
- Being a role model for our children through our reflections of our work and behaviour.
- Special Projects and Exhibition.
- Celebration of National and Religious festivals.
- Interaction with people who can be the role -model for the students
- Attending Seminars and Workshops.
- Study of Literature & Books
- Music and Art
- Encouraging them to participate in value-based programmes.
Evaluation and Assessment
Pre-Primary and Primary: The school wants pupil to achieve higher standards. The school has introduced the system of continuous assessment for Pre-Primary and Primary. The assessment is based on the observation of the teachers, the complete work and the progress of the pupil during the year. It focusses on the attainment of an individual pupil on the core as well as foundation areas of development.
Classes VI-IX and XI: The assessment of the students is done through monthly tests, semester exams and Common Apeejay exams.