ASM Offers two full time PGDM programs:
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM), AICTE approved NBA Accredited & provided equivalence to MBA Degree by AIU
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management - Marketing (PGDM- Marketing), AICTE approved
Eligibility Requirement and Admission Procedure
Eligibility Requirement and admission procedure for PGDM & PGDM- Marketing, Foreign Nationals /Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/ Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries for PGDM.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent (10+2+3) in any discipline with minimum 50% aggregate marks from a recognized Indian or foreign university. Candidates in their final year of Bachelor's degree are also eligible to apply (provided their aggregate marks up to the final year must be 50% or above), subject to meeting eligibility criteria and submitting proof latest by October 31, 2022.Time Period: Admission process is normally held from January to April each year.
The Institute considers CAT / MAT / XAT / GMAT/ CMAT/ATMA scores for admission to its PGDM & PGDM- Marketing programs. Based on merit, candidates who qualify on various parameters (CAT/ MAT etc. scores, graduation scores) will be called for Group Discussion, Personal Interview to be held at ASM Campus and possibly other cities in India (Punjab, U.P., etc.).
Students in the category of Foreign Nationals/ persons of Indian origin (PIO) / children of Indian workers in Gulf countries (FN/PIO/GQ), who are unable to take the above test in India, may opt for GMAT.
The admissions are based on the following parameters:
- Previous academic performance – Candidates' academic performance at the under graduate level, 12th, and 10th levels will be reckoned for consideration for admission.
- Common Entrance Test (CET)- - The score of Common Entrance Test (CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, ATMA, GMAT) will be considered as per the weightage assigned in the table given hereafter.
- Written Ability Test (WAT)- - The student will be given test, 15 minutes prior to the GD &PI session to write on a relevant topic. The candidates will be evaluated on writing skills, articulation, ability, and knowledge etc.
- Group discussion – The group discussion will generally be held for about 20-25 minutes in which a group of candidates will participate and interact with each other on a given topic. The candidates will be evaluated by a panel on their initiative, logical content, group behavior, communication skills etc.
- Personal interview – It is a one-to-one interview between the candidate and a panel (faculty and industry professional) for about 10-15 minutes in which a candidate will be evaluated on his/her personality, communication ability, functional knowledge, general awareness, orientation for management course, etc.
During personal interview, candidate may be asked about his/her background, strengths and weaknesses, career objectives, reasons for joining the PGDM course, subjects studied at the undergraduate level, current affairs related to business and industry, etc.
For selection of candidate the weightages of various parameters is as under:
|Written Ability Test||5|
||Diversity based on social, economic, cultural, gender, regional, work experience, academic, participation in cultural and sports activities, etc.||15|
In the case of candidate belonging to category of Foreign Nationals (FN)/ Persons of Indian Origin(PIO)/ Children of Indian workers in Gulf Countries, interview and written test etc could be online.
Aspiring candidates are required to submit the application form available at the website, using the link before the group discussion/personal interview (GD/PI) dates. The GD/PI dates will be notified on website. GD/ PIs may also be held on other dates depending upon the number of candidates and other circumstances.
The application forms will be carefully screened for superior academic performance and extra-curricular accomplishments of the candidates. Candidates are required to submit the application form along with all the documents mentioned in the application form viz. mark sheets of Xth, XIIth, Graduation, and CET scorecard.
Candidates who qualify on various parameters will be called for the selection process (including written ability test (WAT), Group Discussion, Personal Interview) to be held at ASM Campus or in other cities in India if so decided by ASM, and also online.Click here to Apply Online
After careful evaluation on the aforesaid parameters, the Admission Committee prepares a list of short-listed candidates to be offered admission.
FOREIGN NATIONALS(FN)/ Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/ Children of Indian workers in Gulf Countries (GQ) (Applicable for PGDM Program)
Students in the category of Foreign Nationals including SAARC nationals / persons of Indian origin/children of Indian workers in Gulf countries, who are unable to join the selection process in India, may be allowed to opt for the online selection process.
These candidates will be required to upload scanned copies of following documents before start of admission process:
- Application for admission
- Color passport size photograph (not older than six month from the date of submission)
- Original GMAT Score card, or other CET score card
- All original Class 10th, 12th and Bachelor’s level mark sheets/transcripts
- Passport pages indicating official entries towards stay outside India
The candidates under this category, who qualify for admission as per the criteria mentioned above, will be provisionally selected based on the submission of scanned copies of the document of eligibility (if not in English, certified English copies to be sent certified by a Government officer of the native country or Principal of the last institution attended) and submission of a scanned copy of valid Passport.
This provisional admission will be subject to :
- AIU clearance of graduation degree of students
- Submission of Medical fitness certificate
- Submission of Character certificate from a Government officer of the native country or Director/Principal of institution last attended.
Admitted students will also have to obtain FRRO approval within 14 days of arrival in India by submission of necessary documents to concerned Government office in India.
Selected candidates will be provided necessary documents including admission offer letter to facilitate their Visa Application process.
Falsification of Records
Any student found guilty of indulging in fraudulent practice (falsifying information or concealing any information given as part of his/her record) will be liable for invalidation of admission/registration and forfeiture of tuition fees.
- The Institute offers merit-based scholarships to the students of PGDM program.
- Some merits cum means scholarships are also available for all two programs (Contact admissions office for details and terms & conditions). (Note: not applicable to students under PIO / GQ / FN category and SAARC Nations)