Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
The Institute offers full-time Post Graduate Diploma In Management (PGDM). ASM PGDM is AICTE and NBA Accredited & provided equivalence to MBA Degree by AIU. The program is carried through the trimester system with six terms spread over two years.
ASM is guided by its mission of creating globally competitive, socially sensitive, and ethically sound business leaders. Student learning at ASM is based on theory, cases, projects and experiential learning methods.
The program enables the students to:
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge in core and functional areas of Business Management
- Provide valuable contribution to the organization by exhibiting professional skills such as creative thinking, problem solving, analytical thinking, and decision-making
- Demonstrate ethical intent, societal concerns, and global outlook in decision making
- Practice life-long learning and leadership while holding key positions in own or other organizations maintaining high standards of quality
Globalization, revolution in communications, information technology and ease in mobility have changed the way we do business. The market is open and competition is fierce. Organizations need to stay abreast of the latest strategies and techniques to survive, sustain and grow. This requires people with the right conceptual foundation, analytical skills and application abilities to help them attain and maintain the crucial competitive edge – managers who can lead from the front. The program has been designed to fulfill this vital need. The program takes a holistic approach, helping to shape complete managers, who can balance the needs of various stakeholders.
The program aims at providing young enthusiastic minds the power to shape their career paths and influence change. In-depth knowledge, analytical rigour, rational thinking, commitment, ethics & values, competition, and innovation are the core values instilled in each individual who graduates from the program. The program is intended to develop an integrated perspective of the total managerial function and gives the students a strong foundation necessary for assuming managerial responsibilities.
The program structure consists of core and elective courses. It covers general management subjects common to all functional areas of management and offers specialization tracks in finance, marketing, human resources, information technology, international business and operations management preparing the students for managerial roles in various industries and functional area. It also includes a summer internship project after completion of 3rd trimester and Final Research Project starting in the 4th trimester.
On completion of the PGDM programs, a student will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of management theories and practices to solve business problems
- Apply analytical, problem solving, creative thinking skills in decision making using emerging tools and techniques
- Analyse and communicate economic, legal, ethical and global aspects of business
- Develop value-based thinking abilities to choose ethically appropriate alternatives while keeping stakeholders’ interest in mind
- Demonstrate lifelong learning and leadership skills towards achieving organizational/entrepreneurial goals