Academic Qualification: M. Arch., Frank Lloyd Wright School of Architecture, U.S.A. B. Arch. GCA, Lucknow
Experience: 30 YearsBio-Note
- M. Arch.Frank Lloyd Wright School of Architecture, U.S.A. 1992-1995 (First Indian Architect to receive the honour)
- A practising Architect/ Interior Designer from 1995 to 2014 and has written over 200 articles in Design journals and newspapers
- A columnist for magazines and newspaper (Financial Express, Sunday edition) 2004-06
- Won State Level Architecture Design competitions
- Director, Apeejay School of Architecture & Planning, Greater Noida since May 2014
Academic Qualification: M.Arch., SPA, Delhi B.Arch, GCA, Lucknow Intach. UVCT, Poiesis
Experience: 27+ YearsBio-Note
- An architect, now a Professor with Apeejay School of Architecture and Planning
- B. Arch. from GCA 1993 and an M.Arch. in Architectural Conservation from SPA 1996
- Founder of an academic research organization - UVCT (Urban Village Charitable Trust)
- Researches on ‘Urban Villages’, ‘Paradigms of Urban Growth’, and ‘Water and the City’
- Founder of the POIESIS Society for Poetry. Published two books - 21 Seasons (2017) and ‘Wo Din Wapas Laa Sakti Ho’ (2019)
- Trained in Pranic Healing and is a Theosophist
Academic Qualification: PhD SPA, Delhi M.Arch. Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi B.Arch. MANIT, Bhopal AITP, ITPI, Delhi
- Dr Bipasha Kumar is an Architect, Planner, Academician, and Administrator with a B. Arch. from MANIT, Bhopal, M.Arch. from Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi, Ph.D. from SPA Delhi, and AITP from ITPI, Delhi. She has 27 years of professional, academic, research, and Administrative experience. At present, she is a Professor at Apeejay School of Architecture and Planning, Greater Noida. She has taught Bachelor of Architecture at Galgotias University, Greater Noida. and Sharda University, Greater Noida. She has served as a School Coordinator at Sharda University and Officiating Dean at Galgotias University. She has been associated with SPA Delhi briefly as Visiting Faculty. She is an Associate member of ITPI, Delhi, and Life Time Member of the Council of Architecture, Delhi.
- Before coming to academics, she has worked with Architectural offices in Bhopal, Calcutta, and Noida and was also practicing on her own. Her areas of interest include Urban Risk, Transformation of Urban Villages, Impact of Built Environment, Architectural Pedagogy, and Teaching issues in Architecture Education. To her credit, she has several international and national publications and presentations.
Academic Qualification: M.Arch. Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi B. Arch. G.E.C Pandit Ravishankar University, Raipur
- Ar. Sumi Agrawal is working as an Associate Professor at Apeejay Institute of Technology, Greater Noida. She has completed her Bachelor's degree from Deptt. Of Architecture, NIT Raipur, in 1997 and Master's degree (With distinction in Architecture Pedagogy) from Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi, in 2009. She has over 23 years of professional experience with seven years of experience in industry and 16 years in teaching. She is associated with Apeejay SAP since 2004. Before her academic career, she held the position of Senior Architect in Architectural firms and worked on projects like Housing, Offices, Commercial Complex, etc. Her areas of interest & research are in Architecture Education and Passive Techniques for Energy Efficiency.
Academic Qualification: M. Arch. Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi B. Arch. Panjab University, Chandigarh
- Research Interest: Environment and Sustainability.
- Some of the Research projects include Transit-oriented Development, Flash Floods in Delhi, Basic Amenities in Slums, Pollution in Delhi, and Sustainability through Public transport, etc
Academic Qualification: M. Arch. Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi B. Arch. Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
- Ar. Smita Rashmi is working as an Associate Professor at Apeejay Institute of Technology, Greater Noida. She has completed her Bachelor's degree from the Deptt. of Architecture, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, in 2003 and Master's degree (with distinction in Building Services) from Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi in 2015. She has over 16 years of experience with seven years of experience in Industry and nine years in Teaching. She has taught in several other colleges of Architecture, both in Bachelor's & Master's degree courses. She held the position of Senior Architect in numerous architectural firms & successfully completed the projects on Housing, Hospitals, Offices for Govt./Semi Govt. Organisations, Commercial Complexes, etc. Her area of interest & research is in Services in Hospitals.
Academic Qualification: B.Arch, SPA, Delhi-2007, M.Arch, Aayojan College of Architecture, Jaipur
Experience: 13+ YearsBio-Note
- Vaani has worked in the professional field for six years where she has designed projects that range from urban planning to hotels & retreat centres to social institutes, office buildings, residential towers & meditation centres across India, thereby, engaging in diverse issues and varying scales.
- She has also been working on design pedagogy since 2012 when she joined academics. She guides her students to go beyond academics to strengthen their intuitive ability and empathy to connect themselves to people and nature so that they can develop a design paradigm that is human and environment-centric.
- She is a meditation and yoga practitioner and engages actively in teaching these healing practices. She also volunteers with various NGOs in the education sector.
- She is an avid traveller, reader, dancer, and experiments with saatvik culinary skills.
Academic Qualification: M.Arch, Kurukshetra University, B.Arch, M.I.T, Aurangabad
Experience: 20 YearsBio-Note
Ar. Sramana Banerjee is currently working as an Associate Professor at AIT - SAP. She has completed B.Arch in 2001 from M.I.T, Aurangabad, and M.Arch in 2016 from Kurukshetra University Haryana. She has a total of 20 years of experience in the architectural field. Before her academic career, she held the position of Sr. Architect in architectural firms and handled projects like Hospitals, Housings, Office Interiors, and various large & small-scale commercial complexes, etc.
Academic Qualification:Pursuing PhD from SPA Delhi M.Arch (Urban Design) from SPA Delhi B.Arch from AIT – SAP, Greater Noida
- Architect, Researcher and Consultant on Urban Heritage, Climate Responsive Urban Form, Transit-Oriented Development, Site Planning, and Sustainable Landscapes and Architectural Design
- Teaching experience at premier Architecture Schools such as SPA Delhi
- About a dozen research publications under her name
Academic Qualification: M.Arch. Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi B.Arch. GCA, Lucknow
- Ar. Shyamal Mishra has graduated from Government College of Architecture, Lucknow, in the year 2005, and he did his M.Arch. in ‘Building Services’ from Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, in 2015. He worked for seven years in the Industry with top architectural firms in NCR and then started teaching. He is associated with the Apeejay School of Architecture since 2012. He was a Visiting Faculty in this College from 2012 to 2015, and afterward, he joined as a permanent faculty.
Academic Qualification: M.Arch. CEPT University B.Arch. G.G.S Indraprastha University, New Delhi, TVBSHS
- Ar. Kanika Verma is an Assistant Professor at the Apeejay School of Architecture and Planning. She has graduated from TVB SHS and completed her Post Graduation from CEPT University. She has eight years of experience in industry & teaching and has done the research and writing papers on Building Cooling Loads and Vernacular Architecture. Her area of research is Building Energy Efficiency and Energy Simulation Systems, Ecology, Climatology, and Sustainable Practices to reduce the impact on the environment, Social Sustainability, etc. She is GRIHA certified personnel for Mastering in Documentation of Live Projects. She has a flair for art & craft and likes to upcycle waste.
Academic Qualification: M.Arch. BBD N.I.T.M. University, Lucknow B.Arch. BBD, UPTU University, Lucknow
- Ar. Gunjan Tyagi is an Architect by profession and is currently paying her services as an Assistant Professor at AIT, School of Architecture and Planning, Greater Noida. She has completed her Master’s degree in Landscape Architecture. She has seven years of teaching experience in various Architectural Colleges affiliated with AKTU. Her area of interest for research is Mitigation of Urban Heat Islands by Using Vegetation and Thermal Mass. She has also contributed to several landscaping projects like Solar Park at Sahibabad, where she has creatively exhibited the Solar Panels into a park.
Academic Qualification: Pursing Ph.D. DCRUST, Murthal University M.Arch. M.D.U. Rothak, Haryana B. Arch. GBTU(UPTU), Lucknow
- Bio-Note: Ar. Raj Kumar Sharma received his B.Arch. from Apeejay School of Architecture and Planning, Greater Noida. He received his M.Arch. in Landscape Architecture and is pursuing Ph.D. from DCRUST, Murthal, Haryana. He is currently working as an Assistant Professor at the Apeejay School of Architecture & Planning, Greater Noida
- He has worked in leading housing, commercial and institutional projects for Wave Infra, Mahagun, Galaxy, Amrapali, BCC, VVIP Group, ATS, Cloud 9 Group, etc. and has also worked as a Visiting Faculty in Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida, And JMS Architecture College.
- He has the expertise of pre-cast technology and provided his consultancy to housing project BCC having 100 towers in pre-cast. He has also done landscaping of the famous Bharat Vandana Park (a DDA Project). He has experience in DPR preparation for various government agencies. He has also published papers in national & international journals and conference proceedings. His areas of research include landscape, construction technology, green buildings, etc.
- He also provides services to various NGOs that are working for women empowerment. He can handle multiple tasks with ease & is always ready for new challenges. He believes in his teaching methodology that is learning by doing, and a graceful tagline ‘Architecture is Common Sense.
Academic Qualification: Pursing PhD. AKTU, Lucknow M. Arch. Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi B. Arch. FoA, GBTU(UPTU), Lucknow
- Ar. Kuldeep Mishra is a Graduate from the Faculty of Architecture, GBTU (formerly, Government College of Architecture) and he has done his Masters in Architecture from Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi ,with specialisation in Building Services. He is currently a research scholar from AKTU, Lucknow, and is working on finding the potential of water to reduce the cooling load of a building. His academic experience of teaching in various Architectural colleges sums to six years. He also has good experience in Architectural practice and has credit for designing and executing several residential, institutional, and recreational projects.
Academic Qualification: Pursuing PhD. SPA, New Delhi M.Arch M.U.D. SPA, New Delhi B. Arch. NIT, Nagpur University, Nagpur
Architect Aastha Kalia has graduated from DCRUST, Murthal, and holds a Masters in Sustainable Architecture from the same University. She is trained under the Sustainable Solutions Group of AECOM India – a Multi-National Company and worked for achieving GRIHA ratings on pioneer projects like Solar Energy Center-Gurugram & NIIT-Noida. She is a GRIHA Certified Professional. She has also worked with Kothari Associates on several projects.
As an academician, she has her inclination towards design thinking, creating better processes, and innovative methods to enrich the classroom experience for students.
She is an avid photographer and likes traveling, exploring new places, and reading.
Academic Qualification: M.Ekistics - Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi; B.Arch., Integral University, Lucknow
Experience: 6+ YearsBio-Note
Ar. Nida Hasan is an Assistant Professor at Apeejay School of Architecture and Planning, Greater Noida. She received Gold Medal in M.Ekistics from Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, in 2015. She has 6 years of teaching experience. Her research interests include ekistics, urban history, heritage conservation, and urban regeneration. She is passionate about changing the cities we live in by using design policies. She hopes to contribute to the enhancement of knowledge about urban and rural areas while aiding their simultaneous development.
Academic Qualification: M.Arch. AKTU, Lucknow B.Arch. Birla Institute of Technology, Mesraranchi
- Ar. Shashi Singh is currently working as an Assistant Professor at AIT-SAP since December 2019. She has completed B.Arch in 2002 from the Birla Institute of Technology and M.Arch in 2019 from AKTU University. She has total 18 years of experience in the field of Architecture. She started teaching in 2015 and before that worked in various national and international Architectural firms. She has worked on different types of projects ranging from a simple residence to 100-acre land area government project.
Academic Qualification: M. Arch (Jamia Millia Islamia, Recreation Architecture) , B. Arch (Aayojan School of Architecture)
Experience: 3 Years+Bio-Note
Architect Vishakha Garg is an Assistant Professor with Apeejay School of Architecture and Planning. She pursued her Master's from Jamia Millia Islamia, Recreation Architecture, and Bachelor's from Aayojan School of Architecture, Jaipur. Before getting into an academic career, she was involved with various projects in Landscape Architecture firms. Her major areas of interest include working on recreational projects covering aspects of landscape & urban design and also actively taking part in training programs by the Centre for Science and Environment covering majorly storm and wastewater management.
Academic Qualification: IGBC AP | Pursuing Ph.D. (NIT Patna) | Master's in Building Engineering and Management (SPA Delhi) | B.Arch (BBDNITM, GBTU, Lucknow)
Experience: 6 Years+Bio-Note
Ar. Richa Kushwaha is an IGBC AP, Architect, Academician, and Research scholar with B. Arch. from B.B.D.N.I.T.M., Lucknow, Masters in Building Engineering & Management from SPA, New Delhi, and currently pursuing a Ph.D. from NIT, Patna.
She has experience of over 6 years. She has been associated with Amity University and G.G.S.I.P.U. (USAP) - both in Bachelors and Master’s degree courses - having an experience of over 4 years as an academician. Before that, she worked as an architect in the real estate sector and N.T.P.C Ltd. for over 2 years.
Her areas of interest include understanding Project Management, Engineering & Architectural Practices, Sustainability Concepts, Construction Technology, Building Services, Energy Simulation, and BIM.
Academic Qualification: Bachelor of Architecture - RGPV, Bhopal. Master of Architecture from AKTU, Lucknow.
Experience: 6 YearsBio-Note
Rajeev Sharma worked as a junior architect with the Building Team, Gwalior. As a junior architect, he was involved in a wide range of projects - residential, commercial, educational, and healthcare ventures in both the private and public sectors. He is involved in teaching and mentoring students and shows a commendable involvement with them. He also works for a digital magazine, named Urban Précis, which focuses on developing dialogue about urban issues. .
Academic Qualification: M.Arch (Pedagogy)- Jamia Millia Islamia ,2014, B.Arch- IKGPTU, 2010
Experience: 9 YearsBio-Note
Ar. Tanuja Bhandari is an Architect with specialization in Architectural Pedagogy and has 9 years of experience in Academics and profession.
She has published paper in “Traditional framework in Architectural education” and “An Initiative towards restoring the essence of built environment: Kudri Park, Chhattisgarh, India”. She has been actively involved in organizing several academic and co-curricular activities such as Seminars, conferences and others.
She has keen interest in learning new concept by attending various conferences & Seminar at regional and national level.
Academic Qualification: M. Arch. (Healthcare Planning) Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
B. Arch Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
Experience: 8 YearsBio-Note
Ar. Naved Ariyana received his Bachelor's degree in Architecture (B. Arch) from Faculty of Architecture & Ekistics, New Delhi, and his Master's degree (M. Arch) in Healthcare Planning from the same institution. In his early career, he worked as an architect with E.F.N. Ribeiro Associates. His areas of interests include Healthcare Planning, Architectural Research, User-Oriented Design, and Sustainable Practices. He has more than eight years of field and teaching experience.
Ar. Nilofar Saifi is an architect with postgraduate qualifications in Ekistics from the faculty of Architecture & Ekistics, Jamia Millia University, New Delhi. She earned her undergraduate degree from Apeejay Institute of Technology, School of Architecture and Planning, Greater Noida. With an experience of around six years as an academician and architectural professional, she has gained varied exposure in the field. Ar. Nilofar has worked at the School of Architecture and Planning, G.D. Goenka University and Lingaya’s Vidyapeeth as an Assistant Professor.
Ar. Nilofar mainly focuses on regional planning and human settlement. She has also been keenly involved in various architectural workshops and conferences which has helped her in augmenting her knowledge and understanding of the industry as a whole. She has published a paper on Sustainable solid waste management. She believes in excellence through hard work.
Academic Qualification: M.Ekistics, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi,
B.Arch - Apeejay Institute of Technology - School of Architecture & Planning, Greater Noida
Experience: 6 Years