We Care Film Festival
October 10 - 12, 2017: Annual three-day 'International We Care Film Festival’, will be held at Apeejay Institute of Mass Communication (AIMC) from October 10 - 12, 2017. Every year, ‘We Care’ aims to sensitise students and the society at large towards issues associated with the ‘Differently-abled people’ and make them realise that there are special skills which very much make them fit to be called ‘Specially-abled people’.
The festival was organised in association with the internationally recognised NGO, ‘Brotherhood’, with the support of UNESCO and UN Information Centre. This is the 9th consecutive year that AIMC has hosted the festival.
15th November, 2017: Apeejay Institute of Mass Communication successfully held its flagship event ‘Media Chaupal’ at Apeejay Dwarka Campus. The event featured two discussions with some of the most experienced media professionals from across India including:
• Abhigyan Prakash, Ex. Senior Executive Editor, NDTV
• Nikhil Dey, President PR & Public Affairs, Genesis Burson-Marsteller
• Anita Nayyar, CEO, Havas Media (Advtg.)
• RJ Simran, formerly with Radio City & Red FM
• Ankur Kalra, CEO, Vibgyor Brand Services
• Juhi Kaul, Broadcast Trainer & Ex. Sr. Producer, NDTV
• Vikram Srivastava, Sr. Advertising Professional & Ex. Creative Head
Attendees involved faculties and students from various colleges who got to witness open discussions between media stalwarts and experts
on the topics of “Integrated Communication Strategies” and “TV News & Radio: Challenges Ahead” and engaged in an interactive session with them.
Event Management - Special Assignments undertaken by the students
- CAMPAIGN: Winter Carnival at Apeejay Campus organised by Event Management students.
- EXPRESSIONS: Cultural cum creative event as a part of the institute's student community effort to actively engage in serious and meaningful extra-curricular activities.
- PR ACTIVITIES: Campaign on the 'Nuclear Deal'
- PR ACTIVITIES: Mock Press Conference
- PR ACTIVITIES: Crisis Management Workshop
International Film Festival ‘We Care 2013’ (A Student Driven Event)
New Delhi, September 25, 2013: A three-day annual film festival, ‘We Care’, was inaugurated on September 25 at the Apeejay Institute of Mass Communication (AIMC) in New Delhi. ‘We Care’ is an effort to eradicate the stereotypes related to the differently-abled individuals and aims to sensitise students & society at large on various issues associated with the differently-abled people while showcasing their special skills. This is the fifth consecutive year that AIMC has hosted the festival.
Mr. Ajay K. Lal, Jt. Secretary & CEO, National Trust was the Chief Guest on the occasion. Appreciating Apeejay for hosting the event and sensitising the youth towards the cause, he opined, “Disability is a state of mind, and we all have some dependencies”.
The other guests who shared their views on this sensitive topic included Mr. Darain Shahidi, Sports Journalist, IBN7; Dr. Joel Rodney, Dean-Academics, Apeejay Stya University; Mr. Pervaiz Imam, Filmmaker; RJ Ayaz Khalid, Radio City; Mr. Anurag Ranjan Jha, Producer, Radio Dwarka and Dr. Radhika Adholeya.