In a progressively interconnected world, courses in mass communication & journalism are the prime field for 21st century employment. The environment of dynamism in the Indian Media & Entertainment (M&E) sector continues to influence every sector in the industry. The industry generates millions of jobs in India and contributes to the Indian economy with a growth rate of 13% – which is nearly twice as much as the GDP – thus having extremely high employability. The sector remains one of the most promising in the country and is poised to offer even more exciting opportunities to the people associated with it.
Course – Overview
This course will help aspirants to get in-depth knowledge of current practices in media with smooth and quality content production and marketing, meet deadlines, and work within a budget. The programme will help students to understand the latest technology used in the industry today like Artificial Intelligence, Digital Marketing, and Data Management.
Career Opportunity in Media Management
- OTT Platform Management (Netflix, Amazon, Sony, Hotstar, and others)
- Television Channels, Radio Stations, Print & Digital Firms
- Marketing, Brand Management & Communication Companies
- Advertising and PR Companies
- Film Production and Distribution Companies
- Event and Entertainment Companies
- Online Entertainment
- Celebrity Management Companies
- Sports Marketing
- Theme Parks / Experience Zones
- Theatre Production
- Production Houses
Advisor (Mass Communication)
Noted Media Management professional with over 35 years of experience in leading media brands.
PGDM in Mass Communication is planned to suit the needs of the learners & their career interests. The institute offers the programme in both – basic and specialisation levels.
Ace marketing professional, a brilliant media strategist with over 35 years of experience in the advertising industry.
For an effective leader, one has to overcome personal limits. Leadership Talent is important to compete for a career with the best in India and the World.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent (10+2+3) in any discipline with minimum 50% aggregate marks from a recognised Indian or foreign university. Candidates in their final year of Bachelor’s degree are also eligible to apply (provided their aggregate marks up to the final year must be 50% or above), subject to meeting eligibility criteria and submitting proof.
The Institute considers CAT / MAT / XAT / GMAT/ CMAT/ATMA scores for admission to its PGDM (Mass Communication) programme. Based on merit, candidates who qualify on various parameters (CAT/ MAT etc. scores, graduation scores) will be called for Group Discussion, Personal Interview to be held at AIMC Campus and possibly other cities in India.
The admissions are based on the following parameters
- Previous academic performance – Candidates’ academic performance at undergraduate level, 12th and 10th levels will be reckoned for consideration for admission.
- Common Entrance Test (CET)- – The score of common entrance examinations like CAT, MAT, CMAT, ATMA etc is considered as per weightage assigned in the following table.
- Group discussion – The group discussion is generally held for about 25 minutes in which a maximum of 10 candidates participate in each group and interact with each other on a given topic. The candidates are evaluated by a panel on their initiative, logical content, group behaviour, communication etc.
- Personal interview – It is a one to one interview between the candidate and a panel for about 10-15 minutes in which a candidate is evaluated on his personality, communication ability, functional knowledge, general awareness, orientation for management course, etc.
During personal interview candidate may be asked about his/her background, strengths and weaknesses, career objectives, reasons for joining PGDM course, subjects studied at undergraduate level, current affairs related to business and industry etc.
Aspiring candidates are required to submit the online application by the stipulated date. The form must be carefully screened for superior academic performance and extra-curricular accomplishments of the candidates. Candidates are required to submit all the documents mentioned in the application form.
After careful evaluation on the aforesaid parameters, the Admission Committee prepares a list of short-listed candidates to be offered admission.
- The Institute offers merit-based scholarships to the students of the PGDM programme.
- Some merits cum means scholarships are also available for all two programmes (Contact admissions office for details and terms & conditions). (Note: not applicable to students under PIO / GQ / FN category and SAARC Nations)
PGDM (Mass Communication) Fees: 5,50,000/- payable in 4 installments.
- All disputes shall be subject to exclusive jurisdiction of Delhi courts only
- The students would be obliged to pay the above fees and / or such fees as may be finally determined by the appropriate authorities / court.
- In the event of a student withdrawing before the start of the course, the entire fee collected from the student, after a deduction of the processing fee of Rs. 1000/- (Rupees One Thousand only) shall be refunded by the institution. If a student leaves after joining the course and if the vacated seat is consequently filled by the another student by the last date of admission, the institution will refund the fee collected after a deduction of the processing fee of Rs.1000/- (Rupees One Thousand only) and proportionate deductions of monthly fee and hostel rent, if applicable.
- As a part of the programme, a laptop is given to each student, the cost of which is included in the fee structure. If a student withdraws during the course after collecting the laptop from the institution, the cost of the laptop will be recovered from him / her.
Besides fees as indicated above, every student is required to pay Rs.10,000/- refundable Security Deposit along with the first instalment.