Course Objective: This course aims to provide an integrated overview of Business and Financial Journalism. More emphasis is given on the knowledge and concept learning; skill based training and practical hands-on learning of media tools and technologies. It enables students to join as specialized business and financial journalist cum anchor in the media and entertainment industry.
Duration: 1 Year (Full Time)
Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized university. Those appearing in their final year also eligible to apply.
Preference will be given to those who have an aptitude to demystify the world of Business and Financial News.
Internship: 8 Weeks
Fees: Rs. 2,45,000/- (Payable in 2 installments)
Rs. 5000/- Caution Money (Refundable after the Completion of the Course)
The course module is designed considering their teaching and learning methods which include:
- Concept and knowledge based teaching
- Skill based learning
- Training with data, tools, technique and technology approach
The delivery methods include lecture-based, interactive discussion based, experimental learning based through projects, experiential learning from industry interface, direct interaction with the industry and internships. The programme will develop a teaching-learning model integrated with individual and group research to improve the knowledge, skills, and confidence of the students to make them an efficient and effective journalist.
Theory: Concept and Knowledge Based
- Economics for Journalism (Micro, Macro & Global)
- Marketing Fundamentals
- Understanding Banking & Financial System
- Business & Financial News Writing & Reporting
- International Trade and Practices
- Security Laws & Regulations
- Indian & Global Business Environment
- Basics of Laws relating to Business
Learning by Doing
- Data Gathering & Interpretation
- Financial Data Analytics
- Business Analysis
Learning Media Technologies
- Business News Anchoring
- Interviewing Skills & Live Reporting - TV, Print, Radio & Digital
- Operational & Handling of TV Equipment’s, Mobile Phone Technology & Digital Photography
- Using Social Media Amplification for Journalism
- Microsoft - Excel, Power point, Word