International We Care Film Festival 2021 (12th Edition)
We take the pleasure of inviting you for our Annual (two-day) Virtual International Festival.
'We Care' – Devoted to Films on ‘Disability’
from February 11-12, 2021.
This will be the 12th Edition of this film festival at the AIMC Dwarka Campus.
This Festival has been receiving an overwhelming response from participants and the press because of the successful screening of award-winning films – both, national and international. The Festival screens films based on the sensitive public issue - Disability. These films are the tool to break the set prejudices and stereotypical notions.
This Festival is being organised with the active support of Brotherhood (pioneers in organising film festivals on disability issues in India) and with the cooperation of the UN Information Centre, UNESCO, Apeejay Institute of Mass Communication, and many other bodies/institutes.
Last year we were graced by the presence of eminent guests such as Ms Richa Anirudh, News Presenter & RJ, Retd. Major Gen. SK Razdan, Dr BB Chaudhary, DCP, Delhi Police and Social Activist, Mit Jani Director, Goonga Pehalwan (National Award), Mr MK Raina, Noted Actor & Theatre Personality, RJ Yuvi, Radio City.
We assure you that this Film Festival will be a learning experience for the students and make them more sensitive in their approach towards films on such sensitive issues. Moreover, adding to our film festival fervour, we have organised a 'Photography & Painting Competition' for the students to participate. The willing students may go through the guidelines.
We look forward to your gracious presence at our Film Festival. We hope you will cherish this experience and take back with you the goodness of this endeavour.
Date: 11-12 February 2021
Time: 10:30 am - 4:00 pm
Painting CompetitionTheme: Disability
Last Date of Submission of Entries: 9th February 2021 (Till 2:00 pm)
- The Painting Competition is based on the artist's original and creative expressions.
- The size of the canvas should be A4 or A3 size.
- One participant can submit maximum of two paintings.
- Apeejay Institute of Mass Communication (AIMC) shall have the right to printing and utilise the painting for institutional on-commercial purposes.
- AIMC has the right to reject any painting if rules are duly not fulfilled.
- Suggested media include oil, acrylic, watercolor, ink wash, gouache, and any other liquid substance.
- Nudity/Obscenity is not permitted in artwork submitted for the competition. Also, artwork may not include any other questionable content that would not be suitable for competition. Any attempt to violate these restrictions will result in disqualification of the artwork from the competition.
- Submit the soft copy
- Do include your name at the back of the picture and you may give a suitable caption too.
The jury of experts constituted by AIMC will select the painting for awards. The decision of the Jury will be final and binding.
Photography CompetitionTheme: Disability
Last Date of Submission of Entries: 9th February 2021 (Till 2:00 pm) Rules
- An eligible entrant must be an individual and agree to abide by these terms and conditions.
- Each entrant can submit up to two photographs.
- The Photography Competition is based on the photographer's original and creative expressions.
- The minimum size of the photo should be 8"X10" till A3 size.
- Submit your hard copies.
- The faithful representation of what you saw at the time of the shot being taken must be maintained. Cropping is allowed.
- Remember to include your name at the back of the picture and you may give a suitable caption too.
- No watermark is permitted but a little bit of editing is allowed.
- The decision of the Jury will be final and binding.
- Nudity/Obscenity is not permitted in artwork submitted for the competition. Also, the photograph may not include any other questionable content that would not be suitable for competition. Any attempt to violate these restrictions will result in disqualification of the artwork from the competition.
- AIMC has the right to reject any photo if rules are duly not fulfilled.
*Please note: Apeejay Institute of Mass Communication has the absolute and exclusive right to use entries (photos) in any medium.
Storytelling Contest (Dastaan)
In this segment, we would request the differently abled people to share their stories with the participants. Their journey of overcoming hurdles and how they deal with the challenges of their situation regularly.
Rules and Regulations
- The participants are requested to record and send a video of a differently abled person by 8th February 2021.
- Students can take part in this contest as an individual participant or a group of not more than 3 members.
- The duration of the video/audio should not be more than 2 minutes.
- The video should be in MP4 format and not more than 500MB.
- Both portrait and landscape mode videos will be accepted.
- The videos will be screened on both days of the event.
- Any objectionable content is not permitted in the competition. Also, an entry should not include any other questionable content that would not be suitable for competition. Any attempt to violate these restrictions will result in disqualification of the entry from the competition.
- Apeejay Institute of Mass Communication (AIMC) shall have the right to utilize the entry for institutional on-commercial purposes.
- AIMC has the right to reject any entry if rules are duly not fulfilled.
- Soft copy to be submitted.
- Do include your name at the bottom of your video.
- The jury of experts constituted by AIMC will select the painting for the awards. The decision of the Jury will be final and binding.
Apeejay Institute of Mass Communication
Apeejay Campus, Institutional Area, Sector - 8, Dwarka, New Delhi - 110077
MEDIA WORKSHOP FOR KASHMIR UNIVERSITY STUDENTS
Apeejay Institute of Mass Communication(AIMC) organized half-day workshop for the students of Media Education Research Centre, Kashmir University on “New Trends and Technology in Media” at institute’s campus on Feb.28,2011. The students were on a media tour to understand the latest in the field of broadcast programming & technique.
Workshop for Student from Pakistan
Apeejay institute of Mass Communication (AIMC) organized a workshop for students from Pakistan on ‘Multi-Camera Television Production’, Conducted by AIMC faculty.
Radio Asia Conference
The prestigious Radio Asia Conference organized by ASIA BROADCASTING UNION, Malaysia in New Delhi – Feb 21-23, 2011.
i. Director Prof. Ashok Ogra was the key speaker and chaired a session on ‘FUTURE OF BROADCASTING’.
ii. Dr. Puja Mahesh Associate Professor of Apeejay Institute of Mass Communication also attended the conference.
AIMC Faculty in BECIL Interview Panel
Mr. NK Suri, Chief Producer in Apeejay Institute of Mass Communication, was invited to be on the board of interview panel by BECIL (A Govt. Undertaking) for the recruitment of young professionals for Doordarshan programming and DD News.
AIMC Faculty as Consultant in TIMES NOW News Channel
Mr. NK Suri, Chief Producer in Apeejay Institute of Mass Communication, invited as a consultant to set-up the Lighting System in TIMES NOW (News Channel) News Studio.
IAS Entrance Exams
Prof. Ashok Ogra, Director of Apeejay Institute of Mass Communication was addressed the students at a prestigious coaching academy for IAS entrance exams on March 10, 2011.
WAWASAN OPEN UNIVERSITY, Malaysia
Mr. Naveen Gautam, Lecturer in Apeejay Institute of Mass Communication, conducted a workshop in Wawasan Open University of Malaysia on ‘Designing Skills for Power Point Presentation’.
Prof. Ashok Ogra, Director of Apeejay Institute of Mass Communication delivered a presentation on ‘Building Brands through Advertising, Public Relations’ at the University of Jammu in Jan, 2011.
‘WE CARE’ festival of Films
Apeejay institute of Mass Communication is organising a 3-day ‘WE CARE’ festival of Films devoted to ‘Disability’ from Sept.27-29,2010 at our Dwarka Campus.
During the festival award winning films – both national and international – will be screened so as to create awareness and to sensitize public on issues concerning disabilities through the medium of films, as an advocacy tool to highlight attitudinal and behavioural changes. It is also designed to promote the inclusion of people with disabilities, and rid people of the various misconceptions, myths and prejudices surrounding disability issues.
It will be good opportunity for mass communication students to understand disability issues and appreciate the sensitivities while conceptualizing and making the films. As a good gesture, we are not charging participation fee for attending the festival.
The festival is being organized with the active support of Brotherhood (pioneers in organizing film festival on disability issues in India) and with cooperation of UN Information Centre, UNESCO, National Trust, AAFT and AYJ National Institute of Hearing Handicapped.
National Film Award Committee
“This is to inform the AIMC Alumni, students, faculty & staff that our Director Prof. Ashok Ogra has been nominated as a Jury Member of the prestigious National Film Award Committee.