Pre Primary - Curriculum
- A Home away from home, the Junior wing is a supplement to the home and not a substitute. The first five years of life are vitally important in laying the foundations of character and personality. Keeping this fact in view, the School is fully equipped to cater to the needs of growing children.
- This being the child's first exposure to a large school, our primary aim is to make him / her feel happy, secure and loved by providing an open, un pressurized environment in order to create an atmosphere suitable for learning. Children are encouraged to wonder and question, and in the process make learning an exciting and fun-filled experience.
- The best of Montessori, Kindergarten, Play way Method and other such activities as required by the social and cultural needs of society have been adopted and adapted for the Pre-Primary School. The Pre-Primary has its own assembly, programmes for self-expression, play area, indoor activity facility and cultural activities built around festivals. The basic motive behind these activities is to encourage participation and performance of each child.
Various activities that are conducted to improve a child's overall personality are
- English /Hindi Recitation competitions
- Splash Pool / Water/Sand Play Activities
- Puppet Competitions
- Clay Modelling
- Theme based competitions
- Toy Talk / Picture Talk
- Show and tell / See and Tell / Hear and Tell
- Story Telling
- Class Dramatizations
- Puzzle Solving
The general social conduct, manners, communication skills, artistic skills in fine arts and music are cultivated with great care and affection.
All subjects are taught as crossovers with no boundaries. There is a flexible time table for Pre-School and KG.
Fixed days and timings are assigned for activities like Music, Computers, Outdoor Play, Art & Craft and Skating.
Weekly planners for Pre-School and monthly planners for KG are sent to the parents and Home Work assignment sheets are sent every Friday.
Subjects Taught at the Pre- Primary Level
- Environmental Studies/Value Education
- Art & Craft
Value Based Education
- Value Education forms an integral part of the Pre-Primary curriculum. The following are taken up for effective implementation of this programme.
- Morning Assembly is held for Nursery & K.G students in the Pre- Primary grounds.
- Silent sitting, Thought of the Day, Recitation of shlokas are part of the Assembly.
- Value based stories and songs are taken up regularly.
- Dramatisation of stories, Role Play and Puppet- Shows.
- Celebration of National and Religious festivals.
- Outings and excursions to Temple, Gurudwara and Church.
- Picnic / Day Camp.
Evaluation & Assessment
The students are evaluated through a system of continuous assessment throughout the year.
Academic year is divided into two terms (April –September and October – March)
- Report cards are presented in the months of October and March.
- Regular feedback at Parent- Teacher meetings on the I, III & IV and V Saturdays of the month.