The Primary education module is designed to follow the axiom “Discovering the syllabus is more important than covering it.” We believe that the student should have mental access to assimilation along with physical access to learning. In accordance, the working schedules of classes I and II have been designed in such a way that they have “short respite” periods after every 45 minutes of learning. This helps them to come back ready and refreshed for the next session of classroom learning. The concept of “classroom library” (classes I to V) gives the students direct access to books in their own classroom. Every day after assembly, 10 minutes of reading time enhances and enriches their language skills.
Children idolize their teachers to capitalize on this. Every day there is “Guru Vani” where a teacher expresses her thoughts on any topic through stories, anecdotes etc.
To enable the students to acquire academic excellence, emotional development & sensory experience various subjects are incorporated into the curriculum. The subject content is integrated into the framework & context of students’ lives so that the school education becomes more meaningful & relevant in today’s life. The subjects taught include:
English, Mathematics, Hindi, German, Environmental Studies, General Science, Social Studies, General Knowledge, Computer Science, Art, Yoga, Aerobics, Music, Physical Education, Value Education
- The school relentlessly strives to uncover the hidden potential in every student & enhances his capabilities by providing opportunities by way of myriad activities & healthy competition in cultural, literary & sports front.
- To facilitate better learning through ‘hands on experience’, fully equipped Mathematics, Science & Computer Science Labs are provided.
- Child centre approach lays emphasis on discovery method, group learning, project work, surveys, experiments, role play etc.
- CAL packages & Audio- Visual Aids are used on regular basis that assist the students to understand the nuances of a lesson through fun- filled interactive & play way methods.
Evaluation and Assessment
A continuous assessment scheme is followed and no formal examination is held. The student is graded regularly and evaluation is based on
- Child’s participation and performance in class activities.
- Home work
- Project work
- Group work
- Class assessment
- Class response
- Reading and communicative skills
- Morning Assembly
- Individual and group behaviour
Value Based Education
Education is knowledge imbued with wisdom and ethics which moulds the behaviour and personality of the students. The focus on value education still remains strong in Apeejay. The students imbibe the essential qualities of honesty, fair play, empathy, courage, integrity, compassion, loyalty and courtesy through morning assemblies, celebration of festivals and day- to- day interaction with the teachers. The effort is to guide the students towards appropriate behaviour and development of a strong character.