Pre Primary - Curriculum
Education at Apeejay is an integrated process with a flexible curriculum that takes into account the heterogeneity of the learner and learning styles. Emphasis is laid on acquiring linguistic & logical ability and nurturing multiple intelligence by adopting innovative methods to stimulate interest and attention among the students. This opens up pathways to a holistic and harmonious development of the young learners.
Pre Primary - Curriculum
- The Pre-Primary wing of Apeejay School, Noida has Nursery and Kindergarten classes.
- “The innovative curriculum for the Pre-Primary” published by Council for Educational and Professional Services (CEPS) is in use with the objective of reinforcing values, concepts, ideas, skills and activities. A day wise planner for each month is sent on the first day of the month for the parents’ convenience. This gives them a clear picture of the fun activities that their child will be participating in.
- We follow the schedule and programmes with a fair amount of flexibility. Changes are made from time to time as demanded by the environment and the emerging situations in the classroom. Following subjects are taught in Pre-Primary : English, Hindi, Number Work, Environmental Studies, Music, Art & Craft
- The students are graded regularly on the basis of participation and performance in class activities. The report card is sent twice a year, in September and March.
- Areas of growth and development:-
Physical, Language, Personal, Emotional, Social, Intellectual/ Cognitive, Aesthetic development etc.
- We equip students with life skills and design our activities to promote some of the following :
- Classification skills
- Conversational skills
- Drawing conclusion
- Identifying patterns
- Motor skills
- Social behaviour
- Observation and recognition skills
- Observing and relating skills
- Ordering and sequencing
- Sorting and classifying
- Thinking skills
- Understanding concepts
- Vocabulary enhancement
Value Based Education
Education is knowledge imbued with wisdom and ethics which moulds the behaviour and personality of the students. The focus on value education still remains strong in Apeejay. The students imbibe the essential qualities of honesty, fair play, empathy, courage, integrity, compassion, loyalty and courtesy through morning assemblies, celebration of festivals and day- to- day interaction with the teachers. The effort is to guide the students towards appropriate behaviour and development of a strong character.