Noida, February 14, 2013: It was a memorable day for sports achievers of the School on 14th February, 2013.
Special prizes were handed over to the proud winners, namely – Football Team of Apeejay School, Noida – First at JBM School, Noida Quiz-o-Mania – Second Prize at National Level
There were many more prizes too. The auditorium thundered with the claps of the admirers of the achievers. Athletes, Football, Basketball, Throwball, Badminton, Table Tennis and Chess Teams from senior and middle wings were also felicitated.
- Saswat Satapathy of Class VI, an outstanding Badminton player at the State Level, participated in COSCO SARA Delhi-NCR Schools Sports Festival 2013. Saswat stood first in Boys (Single) final and Boys (Doubles) finals held at Thyag Raj Stadium, New Delhi.
- Tanmay Rakheja (V-A), Chitarath Jethi (V-B) and Ananya Rakheja (III-G) participated in the 3rd Inter School Golf Championship 2012 held at Qutub Golf Course on 24th and 25th April, 2012. Tanmay Rakheja emerged as the overall winner in the category for the third consecutive year. Tanmay Rakheja and Chitarath Jethi also won the “Best Team” trophy for Apeejay School, Noida by scoring the best combined gross score over two days. Ananya Rakheja was the winner in Girl’s category in the age group of 6-8 years.
- “Tata Tea Jago Re Intermilan All India Football Tournament” held on 26th April to 29th April, 2012 at Shillong (North East). 16 teams participated from different parts of India. Teams were divided into four groups. Only top teams from each group qualified for the semifinals. The school’s team stood second in the Group Stage.
- Inter School Football Tournament was held at Ambedkar Stadium, Delhi from 17th April to 30th April, 2012. A total of 28 teams participated in the tournament. The school team stood second in the tournament.
- Pakhi Ahuja (V-F) participated in the Inter-School Open Roller Skating Championship 2012 held on 3rd May, 2012 at the Yamuna Sports Complex, Delhi and bagged the Gold medal in Artistic, Inline and Quads event in 8-10 yrs category.
- The Primary Football team won the Inter-School Football Tournament held on 3rd and 4th Mayat Bal Bhawan, after beating G.D. Goenka School in the Finals.
- The School organised an Inter School Football Tournament for Under-16 and Under-19 boys’ categories from 8th-11th May, 2012. More than 20 teams from Delhi, Ghaziabad, Noida and Faridabad participated in the Tournament. The Senior Boys team secured the Second Position in the Under-19 category.
- Priyanshu Pande (IV-F) won a Bronze Medal at the 18th International High School & Senior Open Karate Championship, 2012 in the event – Individual Kumite in the Junior group, held from 27th May - 30th May, 2012 at Pokhara, Nepal.
- Tanmay Rakheja (V-A) bagged the Second & Third Position in the Zonal Level, at the Tata IGU Delhi Golf Tournament & Tata IGU Uttaranchal Golf Tournament, held during 21st May-23rd May & 13th June-15th June respectively. He finished 7th in the International Tournament – Junior World Cup in the 9-10 years category.
- Ananya Rakheja (III-G) participated in various National Golf Tournaments and was ranked second in the Northern Zone.
- Vipul Rana (XI-C) was selected in district team and participated in 13th District Basketball championship held at Jaunpur (Uttar Pradesh) from 2nd-8th July, 2012.
- Eashwar (X-C) was selected in Delhi State Junior Football team and participated in Bajaj Allianz Junior Football Camp at Pune (Maharashtra) from 24th-31st July.
- Aditya Anand of Nur-C, Jay Jeswani of Nur-E, Rehaan Dutta of K.G.-A, Rianna Goel of K.G.-D and Rudransh of K.G.-E participated in ‘Little Champs’ – A Sports Event organised by Indraprastha Global School, Noida on 3rd August, 2012. Aditya Anand (Nur-C) and Jay Jeswani (Nur-E) secured the Third Position in the Tunnel Relay Race. Rehaan Dutta (K.G. A) secured the Second Position, Rianna Goel (K.G. D) and Rudransh Pratap Singh (K.G.-E) secured the Third Position in Bean Bag Balancing Race. They received a medal and a certificate each.
- Pakhi Ahuja (V-F) won a Gold Medal at a Skating Championship organised by Bharat Sports Management Group on 20th July, 2012.
- Anjeni Gupta (I-H) and Robin Kumar (I-H) won the Third Prize in the Obstacle Race &Akshat Bhardwaj (II-C) and Aryamann Pal (II-B) won the Second Prize in the Tunnel Relay Race held at the Indraprastha Global School, Noida on 3rd August, 2012.
- Arnav Gupta (IV-G) won the First Prize in 25m Free Style and 25m Butterfly Stroke and the Second Prize in 25m Back Stroke swimming competitions held at Father Agnel School on 1st August. 2012.
- Arnav Gupta (IV-G) won a Bronze and 3 Silver Medals in different swimming events at 9th Noida Open Swimming Meet 2012 held on 18th & 19th August, 2012 at Sports & Cultural Club, Noida.
- Nabeel Javed (V-D) and Chinmay Sinha (IV-C) won the Second Prize in “Special Sudoku” held at Bal Bharti, Noida on 30th August, 2012.
- Anwesha Bhattacharya and Ayanna Gupta won the First Prize in the ‘Tile Painting Competition’ held at Bal Bharti School, Noida on 31st August, 2012.
- Utsav Dhingra (IX-C) participated in the District Level Inter School Squash Championship organised by U.P Squash Rackets Association on 17th August, 2012. He went to Kanpur for the trials of squash tournament for U.P team as well as the National team. He stood Third and received a certificate of Merit.
- Amardeep Singh (X-C) participated in 2nd Noida Open Swimming Meet organised by the Sports and Cultural Club, Sector 15, Noida. He won three Gold medals in 100m freestyle, 200m freestyle and 100 m backstroke events respectively.
- The school’s athletics team participated in Inter School Athletic Meet, Vishwa Bharti, Noida from 22nd–23rd August, 2012. Pranav Seth (X-C) won the Silver Medal in 200m Boys category.
- Saqib Javed (XI-A) and Ayush Agarwal (X-A) participated in a Sports Quiz at New Era Public School, Mayapuri on 23rd August, 2012 and had qualified for the Final Round.
- Arnav Gupta (IV-G) won Gold, Silver and Bronze medals in different swimming competitions in District Gautam Budh Nagar Swimming Championship 2012 held on 8th & 9th September, 2012 at Genesis Global School, Noida.
- Ananya Aggarwal (IV-C) bagged the Bronze medal in Artistic Gymnastics event in 10th Zonal Gymnastics Championship organised by Delhi Gymnastic Association from 7th-9th September, 2012.
- Saina Srivastava (I-G) bagged the Gold medal in Kata/Kumite event in 9th UP State Karate Championship organised by Shito- Kyu Sports Karate Do Association on 28th & 29th July, 2012.
- Anubhuti Singh (VI-B) participated in the CBSE East Zone Swimming Competition from 27th–29th September, 2012 and won Gold Medals in 50m freestyle and 50m Breast Stroke events. She also won a Bronze medal in 100m freestyle event. She has been selected to participate in the CBSE Nationals to be held at Indira National School in Pune, Maharashtra from 6th–9th November, 2012.
- Boys’ Football Team won the Under-14 Football Championship organised by the District Football Association, Gautam Buddh Nagar at Noida Stadium from 7th-10th November, 2012. 18 teams participated in the event. Satvik Sahani (IX-E) was declared the Best Player of the tournament, adding a feather to our team’s cap. 19 teams took part in the tournament from Noida and Greater Noida. Our school team defeated DPS Greater Noida by 2-0.
- In the Mir Iqbal Inter School Football Tournament held from 27th–30th November, 2012 for the Under-16 boys, the boys’ football team was declared the Winner from among 48 teams that participated. They beat Somerville School by 2-1. This tournament was organised by District Football Association at Noida Stadium.
- In an Inter School Football Tournament held at ASN School, Mayur Vihar from 24th-29th November, 2012, the Under-14 boys’ team competed with 24 other teams and was declared the Winner. The team members were awarded with medals, trophy and t-shirts.
- The School’s Junior Boys Football team secured the Third Position in the Inter School League cum Knock out Football Tournament organised by Jaguar Football Club in the month of August-September.
- Saswat Satapathy (VI-F) won the Under-13 and Under-15 category championship in Badminton.
- The school organised an Inter School Cricket Tournament in the school play ground for Under-14 Boys category from 21st – 28th October. Eight teams participated and the boys’ team secured the Second Position in the tournament.
- Abhidha Rawat and Abhigya Rawat (VIII-B) participated in Delhi State Carrom Championship in the Sub Junior and Junior category. Abhidha Rawat won the First Prize and Abhigya Rawat won the Second Prize in Sub-Junior category and in Junior category Abhigya Rawat won the First Prize and Abhigya Rawat won the Second Prize.
Noida, November 29, 2012: The under-14 Football team of Apeejay School, Noida recently won the Football championship at ASN, Mayur Vihar by defeating Modern School, Noida. Schools from all over Delhi and NCR participated in the event.
- Noida District Football Association, Gautam Budha Nagar organized a Junior Football Championship. Our girls’ team secured the 3rd position after defeating Vishwa Bharti Public School, Noida. Team members were Megha Sharma, Arushi Vaishnav, Ananya Mathur, Deeksha, Era, Ashi, Pallavi, Arushi Vij, Nikhila, Jaya, Nupur, Vanshikha and Afifah.
- The School Football Team participated in Football Championship organized by St. Francis School, Indirapuram, Ghaziabad from 14th – 16th May. Our School played against S.G.Public School, Ghaziabad and secured the Runners Up position.
- The Junior Football Team (under 10 yrs.) were declared winners in the Football Tournament at NOIDA stadium. The finals were held on 12th April between Apeejay School, Noida and Ashoka Academy.
- Inter School Football tournament was held at Pathways World School, Gurgaon from 9th-11th October. Our School’s boys team secured the Third Position.
- Inter School Football tournament boys was held from 18th – 20th October at Modern school, Noida. Our school’s(Senior boys) team secured the Second Position.
- Our Under 13-boys football team secured 1st position in an Inter School Football Tournament held at ASN School, Mayur Vihar, Delhi from 28th November – 1st December.
- The football team of Primary students won the Inter School Football Tournament held at Cambridge School from 13th – 17th December.
- Our School Senior Football team played a friendly match with Cambridge School, Noida on 30th March in the school ground. Our team won the match with a score of 2-1.
Inter School Table Tennis Tournament
Our School’s table tennis team won the Runners Up position in the Inter School Table Tennis Tournament held at Ingram Public School, Ghaziabad from 14th – 16th May.
Inter School Golf Tournament
- Tanmay Rakheja (IV-A) won the Inter School Golf Tournament in the Individual Category. The tournament was held at Qutub Golf Club. He also won the First Prize in Diwali Cup Tournament organized by the NOIDA Golf Course.
- Ananya Rakheja (II-G) bagged the Second Prize in the Albatross Junior Golf Tournament held at Jaypee Greens on 20th and 21st October.
- Ananya Rakheja was declared Winner of the NCR Mini Junior Challenge Trophy organised on 25th February by Champions Junior Golf Tour, India.
District Skating Championship
- Vatsal(IV B) won a Bronze Medal in the 2nd District Open Roller Skating Championship 2011 , District Gautam Budh Nagar organized by NOIDA Roller Skating Association on 9th April, 2011.
- 2nd NOIDA Open Roller Skating Championship
- Nandika Kapoor (IV-E) was adjudged Runners Up in Roller Hockey Girls (Sub Junior) at the 2nd NOIDA Open Roller Skating Championship 2011 held at NOIDA stadium on 15th - 16th April organised by Distict Gautam Budh Nagar Roller Skating Association (Affliated to : Distict Olympic Association She also secured 3rd position in Rink Race 1 (Quads) event. In another championship held on 9th and 10th April organised by the same organization she bagged the Runners up position in Roller Hockey Girls and 2nd in Rink Race 1 (Quads) in age group 8-10 years.
- Pakhi Ahuja (IV-D) participated in Inter School Open Roller Skating Championship-2011 held from 29th to 31st July and organized by Bharat Sports Management Group (8- 10 Yrs). She bagged the First position in Speed Inline, Artistic and Speed Quadz.
- Pakhi Ahuja (IV-D) won the First Prize in Artistic Skating, Speed Quads and Speed Inline competitions held in Talent Series Sports Gala 2011, organized by Nav Bharti Technical Educational Sports Welfare Society from 28th September to 7th October.
Martial Arts Championship
- Nirmalaya Nath (III-A) bagged the Bronze medal in Kata & Kumite in the 5th District Seigo Kai – Karate Do Championship 2011 organized by Sergi Kai karate – Do Association of India (UP Branch).
- Tejasv Agarwal (K.G.-H) was placed First in ‘Individual Kata’ and 2nd in ‘Individual Kumite’ event at Noida Indoor Stadium from 16th to 17th April, 2011.
- Priyansh Sinha (II-G) won a Gold Medal in 20-25 weight category in the 23rd Delhi State I.T.F. Taekwondo Championship 2011 held between 2nd – 4th December at Laxman Public School, New Delhi.
- Tejasv Agarwal (K.G.-H) secured First Position in Individual Kata and Second Position in Individual Kumite in the North India Karate Championship2011 which was held at Noida Sports Stadium Sector- 21 A, Noida U.P. from 29th April to 1st May.
- Ruhan Mahajan (K.G.-E) participated in 2nd Inter School District Taekwon-Do & Kick Boxing Championship and secured a Bronze medal in sub-junior group in Super fin weight category on 11th September 11 at Ghaziabad Public School, II-C Nehru Nagar, Ghaziabad.